Before we went out trick-or-treating, we carved our pumpkin and put it out on the front lawn. Dave decided he wanted to roast the pumpkin seeds so he set about the tedious task of separating the seeds from the goo and I later roasted them for him... yum!
For Halloween night, Joey dressed up as a firefighter and Abigail dressed up as a U of M cheerleader (just can't leave our roots). I must say that they were the cutest kids on the block, but I guess I am a bit partial. Dave's mom and dad were here for Halloween and we took turns trick-or-treating and handing out candy. Dave and I took Joey and Abi to get candy down our block and then I handed out candy and Dave's mom and dad took turns going with Dave and Joey down the other streets in the neighborhood.
Halloween is something here! We must have had at least 100 kids (much different than the 5 kids we used to get in Dearborn). Everyone decorates their yards and even the adults dress up. It was great too see parents walking the streets with their kids and we really didn't have too many teenagers. Halloween here is a community event. Parents walk in groups with their neighbors and the neighbors without kids or with older kids stand out on their front lawns and talk and hand out candy. Many people make a stop at the drive-through Daquari place (yup, it's legal) and walk around with a drink in their hand. And instead of cars dropping kids off, some parents were driving their kids around on ATVs. Well, it is the south!
For Halloween night, Joey dressed up as a firefighter and Abigail dressed up as a U of M cheerleader (just can't leave our roots). I must say that they were the cutest kids on the block, but I guess I am a bit partial. Dave's mom and dad were here for Halloween and we took turns trick-or-treating and handing out candy. Dave and I took Joey and Abi to get candy down our block and then I handed out candy and Dave's mom and dad took turns going with Dave and Joey down the other streets in the neighborhood.
Halloween is something here! We must have had at least 100 kids (much different than the 5 kids we used to get in Dearborn). Everyone decorates their yards and even the adults dress up. It was great too see parents walking the streets with their kids and we really didn't have too many teenagers. Halloween here is a community event. Parents walk in groups with their neighbors and the neighbors without kids or with older kids stand out on their front lawns and talk and hand out candy. Many people make a stop at the drive-through Daquari place (yup, it's legal) and walk around with a drink in their hand. And instead of cars dropping kids off, some parents were driving their kids around on ATVs. Well, it is the south!
No comments:
Post a Comment