It seems like Abi has been longing to go to school FOREVER. She's been toted around town and has visited her brother's classroom so many times we can't even count. Now that she's 3 (almost 4, actually), it's Abi's turn for learning. She's so excited and today was finally her first day at Tiny Tumblers' Preschool.
This morning, she was up bright and early (as always). She got dressed in her uniform without any fuss (a rare occurrence), ate a great breakfast and then ordered quite the lunch for herself. She requested macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, salami, cheese, Ritz crackers, graham crackers, carrot sticks, prunes, cookies and applesauce. While I appreciated that she would have a busy day and would probably work up an appetite, we did scale that menu back just a tad. LOL
Then time for pictures, grab her bookbag and off we went.
| Ta-Da! Ready for the first day! |
So off we went at 8:30 to drop off Joey at Woodlake and then onward to Tiny Tumblers for 9:00. Dave and I dropped Abi off in carline at 9:00 and watched our baby walk into her new big school. No tears. Barely a goodbye. Just a quick kiss and an "I love you" and she was whisked out of the car for her big day. No tears on Abi's part, but Mommy... sniff. I have to admit, a tear came to my eye and I was a little lost without my sidekick.
We picked our baby... I mean, big girl up again at 2:00 and listened to her chatter away about her first day. We got a full rundown of gymnastics, storytime, playtime, lunch, snack, songs, etc., etc., etc. She can't remember any friends' names and threw away all of her reusable containers after lunch, but otherwise, a very successful first day!


She looks great and I'm glad she had such a great day. I hope and pray that all her school days are like that.
ReplyDeleteP.S. She's a doll.