Life is never boring with the Smith family.
Chronicling the adventures of our family, from the everyday to the exciting... enjoy!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Life With Three Kids

The length of time that has passed since my last post is probably a good indication of how hectic life with three kids is. In December, we welcomed baby Kathryn into our family. She is such a sweetie pie. We've had a whirlwind of visitors coming by to meet Katy and the past 2 months have flown by.

But now, everyone has gone home and we're adjusting to throwing a newborn into our already jam packed schedule. Now, I'm not complaining AT ALL. I would not have my life be any other way. But I find my days flying by and I often wonder what I did to fill the day. The house is no cleaner than it was the day before, yet all I can do after Joe and Abi go to bed is flop on the couch until Katy is ready for her late feeding and I can drag myself to bed. Today, I think I figured it out:

Today's chores included laundry. I'm really backed up and had every intention of blasting out tons of freshly washed duds. What I did not plan on was doing 3 loads of pee laundry. Only one of those was attributed to my cloth diapered newborn (I planned for that one). Abi and the dog can be thanked for the other 2 loads. And steam cleaning the hallway carpet and mopping the bathroom floor where said accidents occurred. Awesome...  I can't get ahead because they make messes faster than I can clean them up. Grrrr. Oh well. We will just have another day of pulling our not so favorite clothes from the back of the closet.

So that sums up the craziness of life. If you know me, you know that the subpar cleanliness of my house is driving me nuts, but I'll get the hang of it one of these days.

Other than that, everyone and everything is great. Joe is doing really well in school. He's excelling in every subject, especially reading and math. I can't believe 1st grade is almost over! He's also playing soccer again and is really enjoying Cub Scouts. He won a free week at Cub Scout day camp, so he's looking forward to that for the summer.

Abi is also doing really well at school. I can't believe how much she's learning. She's picked up an extra gymnastics class and is also dancing. Her dance class is getting ready for their recital... a constant noise in our house is Abi and Joe dancing to "I just can't wait to be king" from the Lion King.

And baby Katy is such a sweet baby. She was Baptized in January and it was an amazing day filled with family and close friends! The third baby definitely grows the fastest and I keep wishing she would slow down. But I wouldn't trade her smiles for anything. She's such a good baby (except in the car. LOL)!

Dave and I are just trying our best to juggle it all.

The only one not doing well is the dog, Zoe. She's been diabetic since last spring. It has taken the better part of her eyesight and she's often depressed. She has good days and bad days. Unfortunatley, she's had more bad days than good lately. :-(

And that's life today in the Smiths' crazy house!





1 comment:

  1. aww look at the little doggie!!
    aunt christie

    ReplyDelete