Abi has been begging, I mean absolutely BEGGING, to take ballet all summer. If we read a book about ballerinas, she would act it out and talk about her imaginary ballet class. Then she'd ask in her sweetest little girl voice if she could take ballet. What could we say? I told her to ask her Daddy and of course, like all Daddies who are wrapped around their daughter's fingers, he melted.
Abi started her combination ballet and tap class yesterday afternoon. She has been so excited. A few weeks ago, we picked out her pink leotard, pink tights, ballet slippers and tap shoes. I didn't have to tell her twice to get dressed yesterday and she insisted that her hair needed to be in a "ball" (a bun). She sat perfectly still while I put her hair in a ponytail, twisted it into a bun and pushed 4 bobby pins into her tiny bun. She was very careful in her carseat not to mess her hair!
Abi's class is 2 and 3 year olds and her teacher is Miss Heidi. It seems like a very relaxed setting with the kids in a circle and Abi followed EVERY direction. She had such a great time and is already asking when she can go again. Princess Ballerina Abigail has arrived!
By the way, sorry for the poor photo and video quality. The viewing area is outside of a one-way window, so there's quite a bit of glare and reflections of the other parents. Anyway, I think we still captured the cuteness factor of our tiny dancer.
| Waiting patiently for class to begin |
| Abi's class |
Ballet - The Hello Song
Tap - Practicing and The Hokey Pokey

I wanna take tap...
ReplyDeleteHaha, Papa. If you ask Abi really nice, she might let you borrow her tap shoes!
ReplyDelete