At the age of 3, Abi has really discovered her voice and conversations with her are fun. Often confusing, but interesting nonetheless. Often during the day, I'll ask her questions, to get her talking. On Tuesday, I asked her how she enjoyed her gymnastics class and she told me about all of the activities she did and named all of the kids in her class. I was there, watching and cheering for her, but it was sweet to listen to her tell me about it. She counted up the boys and girls in the class and made sure I knew who didn't listen to the teacher.
Another recent conversation went a little like this...
Me: "Abi, tell me what your favorite food is."
Abi: "Sandwiches."
Me: "What kind of sandwiches?"
Abi: "Princess sandwiches."
Me: "Oh yeah? Where do you get those?"
Abi: "At the Princess store."
Me: "Where is that?"
Abi: "Next to the baseball store and the soccer store. At the Princess store."
Me: "Mmhmm. What other foods to you like? Pizza?"
Abi: "Princess pizza!"
Me: "With Ariel pepperoni?"
Abi: "No. Belle pepperoni. And Cinderella cheese. And Aurora racaroni (macaroni). And Beast.... ummm... Beast is mean. Him sad. Him trapped Belle in the castle and she not get out. Him make her cry. Eeehhhheeeehhhheheheh. Like that. But then Beast happy. I want to watch sunthin (something). Pleeeaaase?"
And then she clammed up and stared at the TV for 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment