Life is never boring with the Smith family.
Chronicling the adventures of our family, from the everyday to the exciting... enjoy!
Chronicling the adventures of our family, from the everyday to the exciting... enjoy!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Homemade Granola Bars
We love granola bars at our house. Chewy, crunchy, chocolate, peanut butter, raisin... we love them all. Back in the fall, my mom told me that Ina Garten had made granola bars on her show and I immediately wanted to try it. Click here for a link to the original recipe. They are so much tastier than the store-bought variety. Toasting the oats, coconut and nuts makes these out of this world! I do have to admit that I veered from the recipe when it came to the add-ins. The first time I made them, they were chewy and my add-ins were almonds and raisins. This time, they were crunchy (I'm assuming since I omitted the coconut and dried fruit). I simply made these with chopped almonds and then topped them with melted chocolate after they baked and cooled. Mmmm, I see endless snacking possibilities in our future. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment