It was so great to spend most of July in Michigan with our family and friends. Although I do have one gripe... what was with the subtropical weather?! (Don't blame us for bringing it with us... the 90+ temps could've quit for a little while, right?) LOL
After our 2 day drive from Louisiana to Michigan, we spent the 4th of July with both of our families. But not without being greeted by the Michigan mascot, The Construction Barrel. Both kids were actually great in the car so it was a very pleasant ride (I'm afraid I can't say the same for the return trip!). We had a very nice barbecue and got to hug all of the family that we missed so much!
 |
Miss Abi made lots of silly faces on the trip to MI. Both kids were so excited to get there.
|
 |
Welcome to Michigan!
|
Most of our first week was spent catching up with family and friends before Dave headed back to NOLA to work for a bit. We caught up with all of our grandparents, my Uncle Chris and Aunt Ellen (thanks for the yummy brunch!) and our friends (such a fun BBQ!). We visited so much, we exhausted both kids!
 |
| Abi zonked out at about 5:00 one afternoon... on Nana and Papa's floor! |
 |
| And Joey was about 10 minutes behind... zzzzzz... |
After a week, Dave left to go back to work and much of our second week was spent doing everyday things... shopping, library, water spouts (they have gorgeous ones in Plymouth!), lunch dates, bike rides, wedding shopping for Lisa and just playing with the kids.
 |
Joey and Papa Al watching "Cars"
|
 |
Abigail making puzzles with Nana Barb
|
When Dave arrived back in Michigan from working, we had a lot of activities to cram into just a few days. He got back on a Wednesday at midnight and on Thursday, we went to Henry Ford Museum (to see the cars, of course). We spent some time with the cars, but actually looked at the planes, dollhouses and farm equipment a lot. And a visit to the museum wouldn't be complete without stopping and playing with the Legos and making ourselves into Oscar Mayer wieners.
 |
"Flying a plane" with Morse code.
|
 |
| Sissy's turn! |
 |
Say cheese... oh there she goes...
|
 |
| Now where's Joey... |
 |
| There he is... now what's Abi doing... I give up... |
 |
| "Oh I wish I had an Oscar Mayer Joey!" |
 |
| Content to just look at it... where's the meat? |
 |
| Combine drivers |
 |
| Lego garage, by Joey and Daddy |
Friday was the anniversary of our Goddaughter, Jasmine's baptism, so we took her out for an afternoon. After Happy Meals at McDonald's, we headed to Funtastic for some playtime. The kids had so much fun together! It was wonderful to spend the afternoon together and to talk with Jasmine about the Vacation Bible School she'd been attending that week and how excited she and Joey both are about going to Kindergarten!
 |
| Jasmine rocking |
 |
| Joey, getting ready to climb |
 |
| Abi being fearless |
The following day was Kelly and Mike's wedding! Yea! What a beautiful wedding. We were so blessed to be able to go to their wedding and I was honored to read one of their Bible readings for them. It was a great party and it was great to spend time with friends.
 |
| The happy couple sharing their first dance |
And finally, it was time to make our way back to Louisiana. Like I said, not the smoothest drive home. Joey was a trooper, but Abi was very whiny and after 2 full days in the car, I was never so happy to see our house (even if it was 90 degrees inside since we'd turned the air down while away!).
The highlight of the drive though was being able to stop and see our friends, Annie, Dave and their 3 beautiful girls who moved to Indy this spring. We miss them so much and it's great to see that they're settling into their new neighborhood, making friends and even welcomed their 3rd daughter last month. The kids spent a couple hours playing and we were able to catch up and then we continued on our way...
 |
| Molly, Kate, Joey and Abi... just like old times :) |
 |
| So happy to see that they're doing great! |
And finally, the song that I composed to sum up the drive home:
(sung to the tune of Frere Jacques)
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
I'm hungry!
I have to pee!
Dropped my toy on the floor!
I can't take it anymore!
Let me out!
Let me out!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment