Life is never boring with the Smith family.
Chronicling the adventures of our family, from the everyday to the exciting... enjoy!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Priceless Abigail Quotes and Such

Abi's favorite joke:

Abi: "Knock, knock."
Other person: "Who's there?"
Abi: "Fuffle." (Abi's made-up word that we think means "flip-flop")
Other person: "Fuffle who?"
Abi (in a very sarcastic tone): "Ha ha ha!"

She used to have a punchline that sounded something like "flip-flop outside" and then we would always give a hearty laugh. So now she just skips the punchline and laughs for us. Silly kid!

Abi gets some wild bedhead

Abi regularly samples the dog's food, but has labeled my food in the "Eww, gross!" category and tells me that in those words. I'd like to think I'm a good cook, thank you!

In Abi's defense, she has become a better eater lately (not great, but better). We rarely get fast food, but when we do, I can usually count on Abi to eat chicken nuggets, but she'll turn her nose up at a hamburger. However, lately, she won't touch chicken nuggets, which is frustrating because the list of foods she'll touch is pretty short. To my surprise one evening, she asked for a bite of my nearly finished hamburger. Who was I to deny a child who actually requested a bite, so I let her try it and she liked it. So I handed over the rest of my hamburger and instead I ate her nuggets. So we've deleted chicken nuggets from the list and added hamburgers. Recently, she's also eaten fish (I know, I almost fell over), shrimp (I almost passed out), peas, and corn. Her favorite foods still happen to be macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese and ketchup (she uses fries/other foods as a vehicle for the ketchup and licks it off), but at least we're slowly adding to the list and may one day be out of the picky eaters club.

On the way to the zoo a couple of weeks ago, the road that we were planning to take was blocked by police cars, so we had to detour down a street lined with parked cars on either side. It was a bit tighter than the road we were on, but not bad. All of a sudden, Abi starts yelling, "Careful, Mommy, careful!" I responded, "I am being careful, Abi." She repeats the warning and Joey chimes in with, "Mommy said she's being careful, Abi. Be quiet so she can drive!" (you can tell I say that a lot) Abi's response: "No! I talkin' to Mommy!" Well, Miss Boss! Haha!

Before Christmas we recorded the Disney movie "Aladdin" to the DVR and the kids watch it over and over. They both love it and pretend to be the characters, which is cute to watch. Abi is obsessed with Disney princesses, to put it mildly and she has managed to learn the love song from the movie, "A Whole New World." She can sing it all in her off-key, toddler-mumble voice. If you're not her mom, you probably can't understand a word she's saying, but I think it's priceless!

Abi loves to color, especially with markers. On a recent excursion to the dollar store, I caved into the whining and bought her Dora The Explorer markers. I try to get her to name her colors, but since the different characters from the Dora show are on each marker, she calls them by the characters' names. One day, I guess she ran out of paper and rather than asking for more, she decided to color on her hands. When I asked her what she did, she said, "Oh no! Dora and Boots (characters from the show) all over hands! Oh no!" I guess it was fun, but what to do?! Haha!


Well, I could go on and on about what funny things a child who's voice is finally coming out can say. She's said words for a long time, but is now speaking in sentences and half of what she says cracks me up (the other half, I can't fully understand!). Abi is a hilarious kid with a lot on her mind and she's gonna tell you all about it! Let's just hope I can keep her in check!

Love you Abs!

No comments:

Post a Comment