Life is never boring with the Smith family.
Chronicling the adventures of our family, from the everyday to the exciting... enjoy!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Day In The Life of Abigail

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this blog! Sorry, everyone!

Anyway, at 19 months old, Abigail T. Smith is a force to be reckoned with. She's fast, she's loud, she's rough, but she's girly, sweet and beautiful, too.

Abi starts every morning the same way. I hear her rustling around in her crib through the baby monitor and go into her room to get her. She pops up with an excited "Hi! Outside! Where's puppy? Shoes?" Same thing every morning. I think they're requests, but also a statement of the things she loves most! Next comes diaper changes and getting dressed. Abi has started sitting on the potty, but has not actually gone yet (unless you count peeing on the carpet in her bedroom last night). Getting dressed is an adventure each morning. She dons her usual cute outfits, but as a young woman, Abi knows that no outfit is complete without her 4 purses, necklaces and whoever's shoes were left lying around the night before. In true bag lady fashion, Abi stuffs each purse with the treasures she finds... magnets, Little People, Matchbox cars, barretts.

Abigail with 3 purses, Daddy's flip flops and Joey's helicopter.

Next day, Abigail with 3 purses, her own sandals squished onto her pudgy feet and Little People in hands.

After getting dressed, Abi heartily eats her carb-filled breakfast and banana (the few things she's not picky about) and then watches the PBS Sprout channel for awhile. She's entranced by Elmo and Barney! She sings along to the songs in her own baby-jibberish way. Abi then spends the rest of her day following around her role model, Joey. She makes excellent car motor sounds and plays hide and seek with the best of them: while plugging her ears (rather than covering her eyes), Abi states, "9, 10, blah diddity ma...." But she's pretty good at the game anyway! I think she's quite advanced at pretend play too, but maybe that's just the proud mommy in me.

Abi has so many words and is SO tall! Despite the sad fact that she's no longer a baby, she's still the best cuddler I know and settles down in my lap to rock before her nap or bedtime. Her cheeks are as kissable as ever. She's picky about the texture of her food, preferring pressed meat chicken nuggets to real chicken any day and macaroni and cheese reins supreme in her diet (good thing I figured out a way to sneak some veggies into it). Her hair is quite long and she now proudly wears pigtails or bows and says "pretty."


Abigail at Funtastic complete with her hair sprout and nuk (which is now absent from her mouth during the day! Yeah!).

So, my dear Abigail, here's to you. The coolest 19 month old I know!! I love you, sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment