Life is never boring with the Smith family.
Chronicling the adventures of our family, from the everyday to the exciting... enjoy!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Birds!

This is a very random post, but I thought I'd report on today's entertainment. About 8:00 this morning, while we were eating breakfast, 3 baby birds took up residence in the tree outside of our family room window. For the next few hours, we watched their mommy bird fly back and forth feeding them worms and bugs. In between they chirped impatiently waiting for her to come back with their next feeding.

One of the three baby birds chirping for his next morsel.

It has been very entertaining and educational to watch these birds today. Joey has had a ton of questions about where they live, why their mom brings them food, will they build a nest and why they fluff their feathers. And Abi calls them "fly"... I don't think she means as in an insect, but that they fly. It's neat to watch nature unfold in your own backyard.

With that said, it's now 5:20 pm, the birds are still here, chirping/squeaking and DRIVING ME NUTS! I thought the driving rain storm would send them away or my incessant tapping on the window, but no, they're still here. So, I guess for the time, we'll just enjoy the nature that has unfolded outside our window and turn up the TV a little louder to drown out the chirping! Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! What a fun thing for your kids to experience! I totally understand what you mean about the noise. We have a nest of birds up in our chimney and they make ridiculous amounts of noise all day long. It was cute at first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6:35 pm... birds are still chirping and Joey says, "be quiet, birds!"

    ReplyDelete